Mushroom & Broccoli Savory Muffin

by - 08:16
Views


The holiday season is already here and I am feeling very festive. I took a leave for two weeks and wanted to really have a laid back end of the year. Movies, baking, cooking, shopping and decorating are the major activities I am indulging into. I never knew baking could be so much fun despite being messy :P. 



Yes I am quite messy with the kitchen when I am baking. Still need to get the hang of the stuffs and do things systematically. Its usually the recipe sheet lying on one corner, newspaper laid out for straining the flour, mixing bowl, chopping board and ladles and whiskers , well the list is never ending. But still I'm in love with baking.


From the time I got the microwave I was planning on baking something savory, muffins to be precise. I wanted to bake something with my favorite veggies, but getting a good recipe was the main task. Then one i really liked which had mushrooms. Read it here. But then I tweaked it and added all the veggies I wanted or had in pantry. I wanted to add spinach but unfortunately it wasn't available in the house and I was lazy to go out and get it.

Find the recipe below. Hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed making it!


Preparation Time: 20 minutes  
Baking Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 5 muffin
Cuisine: English

Ingredients:
  • Mushroom - 5 , finely chopped(filling), 1 - sliced (garnish)
  • Broccoli - 3-4 florets finely chopped
  • Zucchini - 4 gm, finely chopped
  • Garlic - 5 fat cloves finely chopped
  • Butter - 1 tbsp
  • Flour - 1 cup
  • Baking Powder - 1 tsp
  • Cheese cube - 1
  • Milk - 90 ml
  • Egg - 1
  • Refined oil - 30 ml
  • Salt as per taste
Procedure
1. Finely chop the mushroom, zucchini, broccoli, garlic. Keep some fine slices of mushroom aside for garnish. Take a pan and add the butter. When it sizzles add the chopped vegetables and saute till the raw smell is gone. You can add a pinch of salt just to cook the veggies faster. Make sure the broccoli retain its vibrant green color. Keep it aside.

2. Mix the flour and baking powder. I strained the flour before mixing. Grate the cheese and fold in. I kept 1/4th of the cube for garnish.

3. Mix the wet elements (oil, milk, egg) and whisk them in medium speed to make a uniform mixture. Add the wet mixture into the dry mixture and fold in. Adjust the salt level. Add the sauteed vegetables and mix well to make a thick batter.

4. Preheat oven to 180°C or 350°F. I used silicon muffin moulds. Grease the inside of the muffin cups with a little butter and use a ladle to pour in the batter into each mould. Make sure you leave enough space in the mould for the muffin to rise and take shape.Garnish the top with mushroom slices and grated cheese.


5. Bake for 15-20 minutes in convection mode in the pre heated microwave. The muffins will be done when you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.

Enjoy your muffins with green coriander sauce or any sauce of your liking.




You May Also Like

0 comments